Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo1950
Channel Surfer

Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

I was looking for an episode of One Step Beyond and Episode 5 of Season 1 was completely bypassed among other episodes. A season of 39 shows may only have 20. Thanks for skipping the episode I wanted to watch. This may not have been The Roku channel. It happens on other channels as well. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

@Lorenzo1950

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What specific channel does this issue occur on?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorenzo1950
Channel Surfer

I believe it was from One Step Beyond on the Pluto channel. Most television seasons at that time had about 39 episodes and I noticed that One Step Beyond only has 20 listed. I looked at the sequences of episodes and noticed episodes were missing. I think I read later that the companies selling these programs are not obliged to sell all 39 episodes. It would be really nice to find the ones that were missing though.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Lorenzo1950 Pluto TV is not operated by Roku, so you would need to contact them about missing episodes. And you are correct that when the content owners make the content available, they don't always offer every season or episode. The content owners have complete control over that, and the streaming providers (such as Pluto) can do nothing if the content owners won't provide all the content.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Baloo

One tv shows the episode another tv in same house doesnt of it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Baloo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doris6

I don't understand why I can't see the oval on the Roku bet plus paying for it and it's showing the same episode over and over again that's not right

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Doris6 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What season and episode are you referring to of The Oval? 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorenzo1950
Channel Surfer

I found out that One Step Beyond probably did not save every episode of the program. Some are bootleg copies. You have to just look at the list of episodes and it might skip from Season 1 episode 2 to Season 1 episode 6. It does the same with Season 2 and Season 3. If it is the Pluto Channel it is possible that there were no decent quality episodes and Roku would probably not want Bootleg copies.

0 Kudos