Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teduardo
Binge Watcher

Re: Media player won't work for my roku 3 after the last update

Oh God! Why should we have to jump through all of these DLNA hoops!? 🙄

Roku needs to get off their laurels and fix this problem! 😡

0 Kudos
EvilBert1
Binge Watcher

Re: Media player won't work for my roku 3 after the last update

I am aware of this option though I have yet to be successful with casting my PC.  My PC and my home theatre (with the Roku) are on different levels of the house.  When it worked for this purpose, I preferred the Roku as I had a remote to control the playback of the MP4.  I would prefer a device directly connected to the TV monitor with remote control.  

0 Kudos
Teduardo
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Media Player not working with Update 11.0.0

@Drae wrote:

The software update to version 11.0.0 build 4180-04 was done on my 4230X-Roku 3. Since then, Roku Media Player does not recognize any USB drive. There are many threads about this issue. I have used it 4 or 5 times a week without problem for years and now it is useless. I wish the problem would get fixed.

-----

Well it's me again. After reading some of these posts I reformatted a 32G with FAT32, and the device worked. So this bug may be with the NTFS. I hope this helps Roku fix this.

0 Kudos
EASYRIDER
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 stopped recognizing USB device after software update

Why did it stop working after all these years and just after the 11.0 upgrade?

Does the chip set have an expiry date? 

0 Kudos
EASYRIDER
Reel Rookie

Why did it stop working after all these years and just after the 11.0 upgrade?

0 Kudos
Rick_Dagless_MD
Reel Rookie

Re: USB won't work for my roku 3 after the last update

My model is 4205EU- Roku 2 (UK)

I've just tried a second external HD, which I believe is FAT32 (I think the one I currently use is this NTFS) and that didn't work either.

With all due respect, old model or not, supported or not, my Roku Media Player app and Hard Disk worked one day and then didn't after the update happened.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Media Player Not Working

@Teduardo You need to list the model numbers of your Roku players. There's far too many different versions to provide you with an answer without knowing that.

Many users have reported success changing their drives to FAT32. You would have a file size limitation of 4 GB, if that works for you.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@EASYRIDER wrote:

No, but the Roku programmers have to account for all the different versions of chips used on their devices, and in this case they messed one up. While Roku hasn't said anything specific about a fix, I'm certain they're working on it.

Dan

0 Kudos
Macwarrior
Channel Surfer

Would that be 4GB per file or 4GB for the whole drive? Also what about MP3? Should be able to use those as well?

0 Kudos
atc98092

The FAT32 size limit is 4 GB per file and 8 TB for the partition. MP3 files shouldn't be an issue, but since I don't have an old enough Roku player to test it I can't say 100%. But the 11.0 bug is with the drive partition formatting, not anything to do with a specific file type. 

Dan

0 Kudos