Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkfitch
Reel Rookie

Trying to upgrade Paramount Plus from Roku TV

Jump to solution

So Paramount Plus tells me to go to settings, then my account, then hit Upgrade.   Only there is no upgrade button.  I've tried from the actual Roku TV, my phone, the computer and the Xbox. When I go to manage subscriptions it only shows the cancel button.   

Anyone know how I can give these people more money?  I mean you would think upgrade buttons wouldn't be so hard to find!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trying to upgrade Paramount Plus from Roku TV

Jump to solution

So looks like I’m two years late…but I found a workaround through my own struggle. Go to the showtime area of paramount+, then click a show that has the lock on it, then Roku prompts you to upgrade your subscription there! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you have it on all those devices? If you subscribed through Roku there is no upgrade option, but then again you would only be able to access it through a Roku device.  Cancel your Roku subscription and subscribe directly through Paramount Plus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
j8spencer

Jump to solution

The problem is that the Subscription through the roku channel stays active for a month, and meanwhile, Paramount says "You subscribed through a device. Go to their settings page to upgrade." Paramount won't allow an upgrade through their website, and apparently Roku has no upgrade option.

lkfitch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ended up canceling through the Roku and waiting for that sub to expire then went straight through paramount.   It was a pain but it worked!

Jump to solution

So looks like I’m two years late…but I found a workaround through my own struggle. Go to the showtime area of paramount+, then click a show that has the lock on it, then Roku prompts you to upgrade your subscription there! 

lkfitch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At least I’ll know from now on!

0 Kudos