Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillianWRM
Channel Surfer

Max subtitles out of sync

Jump to solution

Max app is showing subtitles out of sync, more than 1 minute forward.
Tested with the House of the Dragon S02 and S01 (the first session was OK when released but now it's out of sync as well), brazilian portuguese subtitle.

I already did try reinstalling the app and cache clear (home screen, 5x home, 1x up, 2x rewind, 2x fast-forward).

Other apps like Netflix, Disney, Prime and Crunchyroll are working fine.

Device model: PTV55G52R2C4K

Hardware ID: G509X

Device ID: S0ND50044SE8

Serial: X01200244SE8

Software version: 13.0.0 revision 24062-DL

GC version: 11.9.19

Tracker ID: E8-283-385

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
WillianWRM
Channel Surfer

Re: Max subtitles out of sync

Jump to solution

I did contact Max support and apparently they did fix the problem at last update.

View solution in original post

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed Captioning Not Syncing with MAX

Jump to solution

Hi @Raines,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you for flagging this out-of-sync issue you're getting with the MAX channel. We're here to help.

You may start with some basic troubleshooting by following the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You can also check for additional troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If you're still seeing the same issue, just let the channel support team know for some extra help. They might need to fix it with a channel update, which they handle directly. Roku only hosts the channels available on the platform.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
ecardenas89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here, still waiting on a solution for this issue, we hardly use max anymore because of the subtitles issue, at least not on this device. 

0 Kudos
WillianWRM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did contact Max support and apparently they did fix the problem at last update.

Raines

Closed Captioning Not Syncing with MAX

Jump to solution

I've reset my Roku TV through settings and the CC are still completely out of sync, showing 3-5 seconds before the audio. This is incredibly aggravating and I've seen no actual answers from Roku. 

50” Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku Smart Television HDR

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Raines,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you for flagging this out-of-sync issue you're getting with the MAX channel. We're here to help.

You may start with some basic troubleshooting by following the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You can also check for additional troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If you're still seeing the same issue, just let the channel support team know for some extra help. They might need to fix it with a channel update, which they handle directly. Roku only hosts the channels available on the platform.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine isn't in sync with Hulu, or AMC Plus either.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Crimzontears!

Thanks for letting us know about the same issue you've encountered with closed captioning inside the Hulu and AMC Plus apps. We're happy to help.

Kindly refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuERey above. If the troubleshooting steps are not effective, we strongly advise you to escalate the matter to the channel's support team.

It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

You may reach them here:

We hope this will be sorted out soon so you can continue streaming at your convenience.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.