Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max not working all of a sudden.

@Alan_A,

Thanks for update!

Let see if connecting your device to an alternative network like mobile hotspot helps. If you haven't any luck, we would recommend to contact the channel team if you haven't tried and report this for additional support.

Feel free to give us an update on how it goes.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Stina12

I am having the exact same issue. Perfectly fine up until recently. I am getting the same error message as you described. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stina12,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Max channel. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. Try again to open the Max channel and see if that will fix the issue.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alan_A
Reel Rookie

Tried connecting to different network as well as updating the channel. Still receiving same alphanumeric error message. How do I contact the channel team?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Alan_A, you might start at https://help.max.com/us/Answer/Detail/000002521

There's a whole section about the Roku app, but you may have tried all of their suggestions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AnthonyH

Signing out and logging in with my tv provider worked perfectly. Thanks for that update. Saved me a ton of time troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Vaylstock

I am not able to open Max on Roku. I can watch it on my phone and iPad. What is happening?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vaylstock,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Max channel. We're happy to assist you further. Are you getting any error messages or codes after launching the channel? Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrewNJ
Binge Watcher

I have 5 Rokus and seriously want to throw them all out.  I reported this issue to Roku 3 months ago.  Now apparently they will no longer support and take support issues for the 4K.  Their solution which is so impractical still works.  So I sign in with provider.  I can browse and see all profiles, but when trying to play content get that error message that something went wrong.  If I uninstall, reinstall and then have to sign in again it all works.  Completely not practical and this is the only channel this happens with.

So disappointed with Roku though.  Will never buy another one!!!  They just dumped support for these products and I only bought my last one in Oct.  Shame on Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Comunity, @DrewNJ!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you about being unable to access the Max app on all of your Roku streaming devices. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we will be coordinating this with our relevant Roku team for further review and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo of the error message. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.