Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marisay

Max not working after HBO Max transition

Max is not working after the HBO Max switch over. It will not allow me to watch. It signs me in and then continuously gives me the option to renew or sign in with my provider. I’ve reset and reinstalled the app already? What is the fix for this??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max not working after HBO Max transition

Hi @Rscott23,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Max channel and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

Can you please verify if the issue is only Max or all channels on your Roku device? 

One suggestion we would like for you is to try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuMary-F 

I am having the same issue and nothing has worked to resolve it. I’ve updated the tv, removed the app and restarted the system, reinstalled the app. Nothing works. It keeps trying to get me to purchase another subscription. The link that you posted above had nothing at all relevant to resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shanethebrain,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when trying to access the Max channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Please be advised that Max creates its own channel and handles authentication against your subscription, so there isn't a way for Roku to manage or authenticate your Max credentials. It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting and it's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julied28

Tried everything. I even bought a newer Roku device but Max will not work!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.