Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdcrain

Max not streaming on Windows computer or tv

Despite an email stating that I can now stream shows on HBO Max, that my account was transferred to the new platform, I cannot stream on either the PC or television. I get a link to start streaming, bur either it freezes or, on my television, kicks me out so that I am back on the ROKU Home. I pay for Max through Roku. Did the Max system crash, a result of the transfer today?

5 REPLIES 5
elisa1213

Re: Max not streaming on Windows computer or tv

Same here. I’m able to stream on my phone with the new Max app and cast to my TV, but the Max Roku channel crashes immediately and sends me back to home. Hoping it’s just first day bugs?

0 Kudos
jcc1
Channel Surfer

i can't even find the MAX app in the channel store

0 Kudos
elisa1213

Mine updated automatically for some reason?

jcc1
Channel Surfer

I'm assuming first days bugs as well.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community in regards to the issue you are experiencing with HBO Max.

We recommend performing the below steps and seeing if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device.

2. Power cycle the Roku device by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to power.

3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device.

Steps to remove and re-add the channel can be found here:

How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?

How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Each channel (app) on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider itself. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos