Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to regular TV after watching Paramount+

After switching from cable TV to my Roku and watching a show on Paramount+, I cannot figure out how to return to my regular cable TV.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Return to regular TV after watching Paramount+

Assuming you have a cable box, you have to use the TV's remote to switch its input to that of the cable box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
joeclark
Channel Surfer

Re: Return to regular TV after watching Paramount+

If you have switched from cable TV to using your Roku device for streaming and watching shows on Paramount+, here are the steps to switch back to your regular cable TV:

1. Locate your cable TV remote: Find the remote control that is associated with your cable TV provider. This remote is typically different from the Roku remote that you use to navigate your Roku device.

2. Power on your cable TV box: Ensure that your cable TV box is powered on. You can do this by pressing the power button on your cable TV remote or by manually pressing the power button on the cable TV box itself.

3. Change the input/source on your TV: Use the "Input" or "Source" button on your TV remote control to switch the input source to your cable TV. This button is usually labeled as "Input," "Source," or has an icon representing different input options. Press the button repeatedly until you see the input/source that corresponds to your cable TV connection (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.).

4. Use the cable TV remote to navigate: Once your TV is set to the correct input/source, you can use your cable TV remote to navigate channels, access the cable TV guide, and watch your regular cable TV programming.

If you are still unable to switch back to your regular cable TV after following these steps, there might be some additional factors to consider, such as the specific setup of your TV and cable TV equipment. In that case, it may be helpful to consult the user manual for your TV or contact your cable TV provider for further assistance in switching back to cable TV.

0 Kudos