Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpschmikey
Reel Rookie

Max Password Field Jumps Cursor Multiple Spaces on Single Click

In the Max app, I am trying to login… In the password field, when I click in any direction one time, the cursor is moving 2 to 3 spaces… This makes it impossible to correctly enter my password and successfully log in! Very frustrating!

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max Password Field Jumps Cursor Multiple Spaces on Single Click

Hi @mpschmikey,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd love to know more about how we can help!

• Where are you trying to access your Max channel on your TV or mobile app?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step, "System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pmahoney

Solution to this problem please can't access roku

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pmahoney,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stemp29
Channel Surfer

I spent nearly an hour on this issue last night.  I cannot log into Max because when I start to enter letter or number the cursor jumps three and four spaces at a time and will not stop jumping around for me to enter my password.  How can I log in if cursor won't stop long enough for me to enter password?  I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but there is still an issue.  After reading other person's complaints about same issure, I know the problem is not mine.  Please figure out what is going on.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stemp29,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than willing to look further into this issue.

May we know if this happens to the Max app alone? Many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided, and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves, so it will be more effective if you directly contact them regarding this issue, as you've done great troubleshooting steps so far, and the issue is still persistent. 

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know!

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stemp29
Channel Surfer

Thanks for replying.  I was able to log in on the tv in the next room, but what it actually wanted was a password that was longer than my previous password on HBO before it changed to Max.  I had one shorter than 10 letters or numbers.  I finally figured out that I needed to reset my password.  Once I did that the tv in other room showed Max without having to log in.  Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Mfjones

This is still happening to me as of early August. Same issue as above. Only in the Max app. As far as I can tell this seems to be a Roku issue. Please advise.

0 Kudos