Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amp16751

MLBTV freezing during commercials

A few days ago while watching MLBTV on the MLBTV app for Roku the screen would freeze up during commercials. This condition has been going on now for several days when watching any game on any team feed.  This occurs on almost every commercial break either during the game or pregame show.  The screen freeze lasts for several seconds on both Roku devices that I have tried.  Eventually it will correct itself but the game has to be fast forwarded to catch up to the live feed.  This problem exists only on my Roku devices which leads me to believe it is a Roku issue.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MLBTV freezing during commercials

@Amp16751-

Under "Settings > System > Advanced system Settings > Advanced display settings" some Roku devices have an "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" item.  If you have this setting, and if is enabled, see if turning it off makes any difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mikeja814
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue too with no resolution from the updating refresh rate. I have 500mbps internet. So I know I'm fast enought. Ita just weird it happens during commercials only..

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mikeja814,

Greetings from the Roku community!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue on MLBTV.

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this helps you out!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lam35
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue for two weeks now. I have tried uninstalling the app, resetting my roku, reinstalling the MLB app. Issue is still happening.

0 Kudos
Mikeja814
Reel Rookie

I did that as well. No fix yet. I'm confused by why this only happens during commercials/ads

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lam35 @Mikeja814,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate the additional information about this issue. Have you tried connecting your devices to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any differences?

If there's no improvement, we suggest reaching out to the channel support team for further assistance. If the issue is isolated to that specific channel and not affecting the rest. This is an indicator that the problem is on that specific channel only. You can contact them here.

Just update the Community if there's anything else that we can do to help.

Best Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lam35
Reel Rookie

MLBTV says it is a roku problem and to contact roku. Seems like no one wants to solve the issue. It's always the other companies fault. 

Warrior007
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issues. Buffering often but only on commercials. I am using Roku Ultra with high speed internet.

0 Kudos
PKizzel

Yep this is an issue for me too. Roku please get someone on this ASAP.