Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuffy1976
Reel Rookie

Re: MAX on roku with caption problem. most series and movies have problem with caption on MAX str...

Same problem here. Fine on a laptop or on phone. Captions not working on three different Roku devices and only for the MAX channel out of about five streaming channels I regularly watch. 

Two of the devices are TCL Roku TVs and one is a Roku 2. I had the switching to Spanish captions thing work once on the Roku 2 but it’s not consistent. I tried removing and reinstalling the channel, rebooting the devices, nothing. Been happening for at least two days now. Just wanted to add to the list so it’s a confirmed issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MAX on roku with caption problem. most series and movies have problem with caption on MAX str...

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you've encountered an issue with the closed caption feature on MAX. It might be best to contact the channel provider directly and inquire further about the issue to address and resolve it. Most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

If there's anything we further assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swuffy1976
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much. I’ll give that a try!

0 Kudos
Nanad914

I just followed your instructions and so far so good. Will see how long this lasts and let you know.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.