Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quimby
Channel Surfer

Closed Caption not syncing with paramount+

Jump to solution
This was fixed shortly after June 5 when cc was not syncing with Hulu , but today, on June 25, the closed caption is not syncing again but with paramount + this time . So it was fixed for about 16 days and the problem is back. The cc is not syncing with the show. Please fix again or permanently. I’ve requested a credit because of how many days it was messed up before. 
Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Hi @Quimby,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your report on this playback issue with Paramount Plus. We'd like to learn more about this. Is this an issue with all the content on the platform? 

We would also recommend to take a closer look at some troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue - Roku Support.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Quimby
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Was fixed but messed up again! 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Quimby,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your report on this playback issue with Paramount Plus. We'd like to learn more about this. Is this an issue with all the content on the platform? 

We would also recommend to take a closer look at some troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue - Roku Support.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with paramount+

Jump to solution

Good to know I am not the only one having syncing issues. And the syncing does work with some shows. or at least one. My subscription to Parmount plus is through apple where syncing is just fine, is there a souution ?

Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I tried all the resoultion suggestions prior to posting. None worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jmusich,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this!

In this case, we'll need more of information here and we'll need your help please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Specific content title that has an issue.

We would also recommend reporting this issue to the channel support team. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel provider themselves. This issue likely needs to be addressed with an update that is handled directly.

You can contact them here: Paramount Plus Support.

All the best,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What is happening on the roku end to correct this ? My Parmount plus account is through apple. If I access through the apple plus app syncing works as it should. 

0 Kudos
MitchInMCO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

RokuERey,

I am having this problem also.  Captions display 4-5 seconds before audio track on Paramount Plus.  Other channels such as YouTube TV are working fine.  No app or system updates are available.  

Info requested by you:

Roku device model:  TCL model 65S425 Hardware ID 7133X

Tracker ID:  28-257-550

Program Mayor of Kingstown S3 E4

Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The problem is presenting itsel the same way on both of my Roku Ultra devices exactly as you describe with the time difference. But my guess is it is coming somewhere in the roku universe. When I watch Paramount Plus through my apple plus app on the roku the CC work just fine.

0 Kudos
ZeldaDad

Jump to solution

Same issue for me. None of the listed troubleshooting steps make a difference. Closed captions appear about 5 seconds before the dialogue. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.