Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYJack
Streaming Star

MAX Pause function not working correctly

Jump to solution

Just recently (maybe within the last week or so) when playing a video in the MAX app the PAUSE button has to be pressed twice to either pause while playing or play while paused. To further confuse the issue this only happens most of the time, not always. Trying to fix this I deleted the MAX app, restarted my Roku TV and then reinstalled the MAX app. This did not correct the problem.

This is happening on both my Roku TV, a Roku Express+ and a Roku Streambar

Here are the device specs:

Roku TV TCL Model 55S535, Hardware ID A119X, Software Version 13.1.4 build 1510-88

Roku Streambar Model 9102R, Software Version 13.1.4 build 1512-95

Roku Express+ Model 3910RW, Software Version 13.1.4 build 1512-51

It seems obvious to me that this is a MAX problem in that it is happening on at lease 3 different Roku devices but only on the MAX app.

Hopefully there is a solution out there somewhere.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MAX Pause function not working correctly

Jump to solution

Hi, @NYJack!

Thanks for sharing your Pause issues inside the Max app. We'd be happy to help you contact the right Support for this. 

Since this is an isolated case involving the Max app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. Their app may need an update from them.

You may reach them here: Max Support

Once again, we highly appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've attempted to try and resolve the issue. We hope this will get everything sorted out soon so you can get back on streaming at your convenience.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @NYJack!

Thanks for sharing your Pause issues inside the Max app. We'd be happy to help you contact the right Support for this. 

Since this is an isolated case involving the Max app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. Their app may need an update from them.

You may reach them here: Max Support

Once again, we highly appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've attempted to try and resolve the issue. We hope this will get everything sorted out soon so you can get back on streaming at your convenience.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Teejayv

Jump to solution

Not isolated, all three of my Roku devices do it as well. This is something that's been going on for over about two weeks now.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Teejayv!

Thanks for sharing you've encountered the same issue as posted above. We'd be happy to provide further information about this. 

Just to clarify, is the Max app the only app you are having this issue with on all three Roku devices? If so, kindly refer to my post above to help you reach out to them directly for further assistance, as we don't have access to how they run their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

However, if this is happening on all of the apps available on your Roku devices, it might be related to remote issues since you are unable to Pause shows using your physical Roku remote. 

We'll wait for your confirmation.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pgarvin652
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Am having the same issue. It only happens on MAX. It take 2 or more hits of a pause button to actually pause. I see the same thing happening with the BACK button when trying to exit the MAX app.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There have been some updates recently. I think they are trying to make all devices work the same. Even though Roku's have Pause buttons, many devices only have no play controls and just the arrow key/OK. They seem to be making everybody work the same, even if it's a downgrade for some. I have a Roku, FireTV, and Google TV. On the Google TV, those buttons where you can skip recaps or titles don't work anymore.

There is also another issue on a Roku, where the timebar does not properly update in the background. If you wait awhile, and then pause or show the timebar, you will see it quickly jump.

There is nothing Roku can do. It's up to Max to fix their app.

0 Kudos
pgarvin652
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know or care where the responsibility for the app lies. I also have an LG TV that streams MAX and the play controls work fine on that. I would think that Roku should care that MAX is not running properly on its platform. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you joining us here in the Roku Community, @pgarvin652.

Rest assured that we will share this with the team as we value your feedback.

Furthermore, please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

We highly recommend directly raising this concern to the channel provider as they are responsible for how they run their app and its features.

We hope that the provided information proves to be helpful to you.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CoCoJae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem too. It’s been going on for about a week or so. You have to double tap to do anything. My shows have been skipping episodes as well. Rewinding and forwarding randomly after double tapping.

I’ll reach out to Max, but if someone from Roku could do the same (because we are using your platform) it would be appreciated. 

CoCoJae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. It’s been about a week. Any news from Max? 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.