Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chelseam

Logging out from Disney Plus Channel after resetting factory settings

I have been logged onto a Disney Plus Account with a person I no longer have contact with on my Roku TV. They have the profiles locked to a pin and I am not able to sign out their account. I have tried resetting the factory settings with no luck, their account is still logged onto my TV. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Logging out from Disney Plus Channel after resetting factory settings

@Chelseam 

First, you need to ensure that all the Roku devices on your account are your Roku devices. You see, Disney Plus could be using Single Sign On, and be automatically signing in on all devices with that app and Disney Plus account attached.

So, go to https://my.roku.com and scroll all the way to the bottom. See those Roku devices? If any aren't yours, remove/unlink them.

Next, go to your Subscriptions page and see if there's a Disney Plus subscription tied to your Roku account. If so, is that the account that's being used? If so, you're paying for it. Or whoever's credit card is tied to your Roku account is paying for it. Which means you may need to look at your Payments page and make any changes there, or remove payment method altogether. And cancel any Disney Plus subscription.

Don't proceed until you have it all correct and that it's your Roku account, your payment method (if you have a payment method; it's not required), and your devices that you have all tied together, with none missing and no extras.

Next, go to your Roku device and remove Disney Plus. Then reboot that Roku device. Then, go to all your Roku devices and reboot them. All of them. All those listed at the bottom of the page you looked at earlier.

Once done, that has removed Disney Plus from each device, and cleared out all data from every device.

Now, go back to your first Roku device and reinstall Disney Plus. You should be prompted to log in. Which is, I think, what you were after.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos