Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwissler
Streaming Star

Logging in with Cable Provider on Roku Channel to access Vix Premium, Paramount Plus, etc.

To Whom It May Concern:

If I can access Vix Premium, and soon, Paramount Plus Basic, by logging in with my cable provider on their own apps, can I do the same with their content on Roku Channel as well?  (I know that presently, Paramount Plus Basic is not available with my cable provider, Spectrum, but it will be within the next several months.)

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Logging in with Cable Provider on Roku Channel to access Vix Premium, Paramount Plus, etc.

Hi @adwissler,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out. Please be aware that a couple of channels on Roku can be accessed via a standalone channel or directly to a premium subscription on The Roku Channel. Premium subscription directly through The Roku Channel is a separate paid subscription, and you can't use any existing credentials. 

Just wanted to drop the differences of the channel itself.

Standalone channel- which you can access if you have an existing account.

image.png

Channel via The Roku Channel- which cannot be accessed using an existing account but needs a separate subscription through Roku pay.

image_360.png

I hope this helps.

Let us know if there's any support we can help.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.