Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aw9182
Binge Watcher

Re: Certain OTA Channels Disappearing

@RokuCarly My internet service provider is Frontier. The rest of the info is below:

Roku device mode - TCL model 55R635

Model - A113X - Roku TV

Serial number - X00300P4CFVF

Device ID - S05EY184CFVF

OS version - 12.5.5 build 4174-88

Tracker ID - VF-022-906

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @aw9182!

Rest assured that we will forward this information to the team. 

Just a follow-up question, when exactly did you observe this behavior happening? Is it after the software update? Also, kindly include your current zip code.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly It started a couple days ago. I'm not sure if it was after a software update. My zip code is 46835

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for confirming, @aw9182.

Your cooperation regarding this matter is highly appreciated. 

Rest assured that we will coordinate this with our Engineering team for further review. 

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kas13

I am having the exact same issue. I lost 21.2 and 21.3. Local channels that we watch a lot. Zip code 46733. Need this fixed asap!

0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@Kas13 Glad to see I'm not the only one in my viewing area with this issue! Have you ever noticed in the past if the TV guide info for 21.2 (NBC) and 21.3 (MyTV) was the same as 21.1 (ABC)?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with specific channels from Roku Live TV disappearing. 

Rest assured that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What region are you located in or what zip code?
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue
  • screenshots of the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we address this, as our priority is to find a quick solution.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)- Roku device mode - TCL model 55R635

- Model - A113X - Roku TV

- Serial number - X00300P4CFVF

- Device ID - S05EY184CFVF

- OS version - 12.5.5 build 4174-88

• What region are you located in or what zip code: 46835
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? OTA (Over the air channels 21.2 and 21.3)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession)

Tracker ID - VF-022-906

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

1) Open Live TV guide

2) OTA channels 21.2 and 21.3 are missing.

3) Disconnect internet connection and channels reappear.

4) Reconnect internet then channels disappear after TV guide information is loaded. 

• what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue

1) Restart TV several times.

2) Rescan TV channels several times.

3) Disconnect TV antenna several times.

• screenshots of the issue you are seeing.

Unable to take screenshot at the moment. 

0 Kudos
eastom98
Reel Rookie

I’m in 46835 too, and I’m having the same issue. I’m able to get those channels just fine on my non-Roku tv

aw9182
Binge Watcher

@eastom98 Have you ever noticed in the past if the TV guide info for 21.2 (NBC) and 21.3 (MyTV) was the same as 21.1 (ABC)? It would happen to me from time to time and I think this might have something do with the channels now being removed. My theory is that the Roku TV is seeing them as duplicates and removing them from the list even though they are still programmed. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.