Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngdaniel1
Channel Surfer

Life 2017 movie is not properly represented in the Roku search

This movie is listed in the Roku search directory and online that it’s on TubiTV but when I go to play the movie, it’s a Korean 2018 movie. This isn’t the first time that Roku has this programming problem.

Roku doesn’t appear to have a support email to report these problems.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Life 2017 movie is not properly represented in the Roku search

The Search data is provided by the individual channel services.  If a Tubi TV listing is incorrect, Tubi needs to fix it.  But even they may be relying on data provided by whomever is providing the movie to them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ngdaniel1 

One thing that @makaiguy did not explicitly state is that now you've posted it on the Roku user support forums, the moderators, either @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D will see it and pass it along to the support team. But as mentioned, it's simply data that is provided to Roku, and updated periodically. If Roku were to go in and edit the data, the next feed update (could be daily, could be hourly, could be any time period) would overwrite with what's provided. So there's no telling how long until the actual responsible party fixes it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ngdaniel1

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ngdaniel1 

Thanks for your patience while the appropriate Roku team investigated the issue.

We believe the issue is now resolved. We would recommend seeing if you are still experiencing the same issue. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.