Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Hi @libtard 

Thanks for the follow up post.

Please be aware that this thread is specifically pertaining to channel playback issues with the Xfinity channel on Roku devices.

If you are experiencing issues with other channels, we would invite you to search the Roku Community for another thread that is related to what you are experiencing and if none exist, feel free to create a new thread describing what you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
euphoria
Reel Rookie

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

My roku was still doing it up to 4/1 /23 .....Okay its an xfinity problem because their getting worse and worse so I got rid of them finally for good.. have had enough stress from them for yrs

0 Kudos
euphoria
Reel Rookie

I GOT RID OF COMCAST TODAY .....Tired of their dirty little tricks, no customer support anymore and needless yrs of stress and price increases....good riddance !!!

0 Kudos
notarobot1

Updated all three Roku devices to V12.0 yesterday morning and performed hard reset. Streaming CBS morning news with Xfinity Steam App after reset on Roku Streambar the audio jumped three separate times in a 30 minute period. Was so optimistic it would be fixed, but so disappointed it isn’t. Worked perfectly for years. 

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Good Morning Danny,

Sadly, the reseting and re-installing the app hasn't proven to be a fix. If you look at the threads that were posted after your post you will see that the issue still exists. I also continue to see/hear the issue after completing a reboot and reload of the app. Maybe now you can kick the issue up the ladder to the next level of engineering. 

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Greetings Notarobot1,

I too am disappointed in what I hoped would resolve the issue. Sadly it didn't as I'm experiencing the same issue. I responded to Danny with Roku and expressed my disappointment with the fix. I'm not hopeful Roku will have any answers anytime soon, they seem short on engineering expertise. 

0 Kudos
rogihead

Any update on this?  This has been going on for quite some time and now I am getting API failure errors on one of my roku devices.  Makes it impossible to watch things on the TV because then I cannot switch channels AND the volume is either WAY TOO LOUD, Good, or way too low. 

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Sadly no! I just private message Danny who is an Roku employee also on this thread for an update. We'll see.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding what you are experiencing with the Xfinity Stream channel.

As previously mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime, I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel provider to investigate the cause of the issue. If more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattBoston
Reel Rookie

Seeing same API errors on mini guide.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.