Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljpokas
Reel Rookie

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Out of desperation, and after buying a new TV, thinking it was a TV issue I tried a Fire stick.  I was told by Xfinity I could only stream their services through a Roku. Research showed this to not be true, and I decided to try the Amazon fire stick. I I have had zero sound issues since switching. 

0 Kudos
Jwfritz

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

This is absolutely BS, this has been going on since October,  xfinity and roku should be ashamed of this poor product, its seems obvious that the commercials are causing the lags, it's time to seek different providers,  good bye xfinity and roku, hello sling and hulu!!!!

JimmyO
Streaming Star

I have tested for this problem extensively since late October 2022.  Just to clarify for some folks experiencing this issue here are the current symptoms for my situation:

1. I am only experiencing audio issues in the Xfinity Stream app on Roku devices since 10/2022.  I'm not experiencing issues in any other app on my Roku devices.  I watched the NBA finals with OTA antenna signal for my local ABC affiliate in the Tablo app on Roku with no issues.  Watched the entire Night Agent series on Netflix, movies on Amazon Prime, football reruns on Pluto TV, etc. WITH NO ISSUES.

2. I was able to test with a Fire TV 4K and no audio issues.

3. Within the last two months I see Video/Audio falling out of sync as well in the Xfinity Stream app only.

4. I have to exit Xfinity Stream app and go back in, which is frustrating.

I have upgraded my internet plan to 1GB from 800 Mbps, added a new 1 GB cable modem, had Comcast come out and check the line and replace filters at both ends, check ground wire, etc along with my signal quality in home.  Everything checks out.  The issue started after the Xfinity Stream "beta" app was upgraded to an official build Version 6.

I recorded video on my iPhone for several events and will go to my local Xfinity store within the next week.  I'll respond back on what Xfinity plans to do to either let me out of my contract or compensate for the issues with the app.

JimmyO

warneke7
Reel Rookie

Roku and Xfinity simply don’t care. The fact that all the other Roku apps work leads me to believe it’s an Xfinity issue. But trying to get them to care about their customers is a fools errand. The consumers are getting screwed over and Comcast’s monopoly means we have no other choice. Capitalism is **bleep**ed. 

JimmyO
Streaming Star

Yeroc,

I relayed the information I was given by the Xfinity support rep through the @XfinityTV support on twitter back in January.  Obviously, that was not the case as they have not rolled out a new version and it is six months later......

I have the information printed off and plan to submit copies to my local Xfinity store within the next week.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Funny thing is I just watched a youtube video for cordcutter news.  Apparently, Comcast plans to sell their own streaming boxes to compete with Roku, interesting.......

JimmyO

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

My one-year contract is up in October and I am just going to go to YouTube TV and keep internet if Xfinity won't correct the issue.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Yeroc1071
Channel Surfer

Bottom line is that xfinity sucks. I have had other issues with a set top box from them and have called customer service many times over the.last feew years. I have not been lucky enough to speak to someone here in the United States. They outsource to othe countries. They say they will look into it and get back to me and yet they never do. They are a poor excuse for a company. I keep getting info on how to swirch my phone service over to them. Are ya nuts? They cant get internet and or cable right. Why would i want to try that service as well. Pathetic actually. Its all about the money. They raise their prices every year.

0 Kudos
Wingspan

When my setup goes out of sync, I only have to change channels; usually I use the Back button, then pick my original channel again.

I used to right-arrow to the channel list, pick a new channel, right-arrow again, pick my original channel. That took a long time, but shorter than exiting Xfinity. But now that channel list doesn’t even come up, “Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later. (Error: TVAPP-00500)”

0 Kudos
Yeroc1071
Channel Surfer

Someone mentioned earlier that it was either roku or xfinity. But any other app i watch on my roku player is fine. Its just the xfinity app. I dont know anymore. Its irritating as all get out and someone needs to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.