Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeSA

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Danny,

This is not a Roku problem. I've said this before,  but the solution is easy. Xfinity just needs to roll back the Xfinity app to the Beta version on all Roku devices. The Beta versions worked flawlessly for years. These issues all started when they updated everyone to the non-Beta version. This will give the Xfinity engineers time to fix the issues without affecting customers. We are paying for this service regardless of which devices we use it on! Please help.  Xfinity is not listening. 

ljpokas
Reel Rookie

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Agreed -- this has been an ongoing issue since the October 2022 rollout.  I am ready to be done with Xfinity based on NO effort to fix this.  I have been a customer for more than 35 years and not only have things gotten more expensive, the customer service has dropped dramatically. Sad. 

vadeltachi
Streaming Star

I thought I was the only one experiencing this (and one would think so after contacting Xfinity support). 

Your solution is the right one.

There's no excuse for Comcast to have not fixed this by now.

After decades of being with Comcast, we are about ready to switch. 

MattBoston
Reel Rookie

The mini guide started working again a couple of days ago. Not sure if anything has been done for the sound.

0 Kudos

It's now May 13th and the issue STILL exists. All 3 of our Rokus have audio/video sync issues, and the volume issue ... Time to throw all my Rokus into the trash!!  

0 Kudos
SmokeyDaBear64
Reel Rookie

I have been fighting this issue since January. THE STREAM APP WORKS FINE on the Samsung smart tv. I thought it was a comcast issue but after it working natively on the tv I don’t know. When I called to cancel comcast because of the issue, the gal told me she had several Rokus that worked fine. I am beginning to think the issue IS THE ROKU. 

0 Kudos
ljpokas
Reel Rookie

I always thought it was an Xfinity app issue. Suffered through this since last October on multiple different TVs. I do was ready to cancel. I was also told we could only use Xfinity Stream with Roku. By chance I decided to switch my TV to a fire stick.  I have been streaming Xfinity on it for six weeks now with not a single erratic sound issue.

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Comcast opened what it calls a "national ticket" on this issue -- the agent read me the details and it's clear they are aware of the issue.  The agent was not clear whether Roku or Comcast is the lead resolver or when it may be addressed.

Ticket # is SI058742937

Anyone have any intel on what's going on or when it may be fixed?

0 Kudos
Yeroc1071
Channel Surfer

I thought you said this would be fixed in January. It is june and i still jave alot of problems with this issue.

0 Kudos