Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pappaw59
Reel Rookie

Re: Jvc/Roku tv won't show my cable channels

UPDATE:

Reset network 

Factory reset tv

Scanned for channels with NO source

Scanned for channels with cable and network connected. System found 147 cable channels but only displays 30. All streaming channels available. 

0 Kudos
Pappaw59
Reel Rookie

UPDATE 2:

Discovered that missing channels are also ones that show no information in the Roku live TV listing guide. This is definitely a Roku issue as I'm also having the same problem with a TCL Roku tv. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi community users,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with cable channels. You seem to have done tremendous troubleshooting at this point, but no worries; help is here. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details to assess this concern. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • How are you powering the Roku device?

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JonA1

My Roku won’t show my cable channels 

spent several minutes this morning chatting with a rep she was unable to fix the problem. Supposedly a team is working on the issue and notify me when it’s fixed. It’s been this way since 5 pm yesterday 

0 Kudos

Having the same problem too. Here's the info asked for.

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

- Roku device or TV model: Philips model 32PFL6452/F7D

- serial number: X00900UVLMJC

- device ID: S0GL800VLMJC

- Software OS/version: 12.0.0 • build 4193-63

• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)

- The 'live TV' channel

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

- Causes TV to turn off. Does not come back on after. No number is ever displayed

• How are you powering the Roku device?

- Power strip plugged into wall outlet 

Side notes:

- Followed Warrenbec2232's comment about resetting the network connection setting.

- Reset network connection, went back to live tv channel and cable channels showing and viewable, then pop up displayed over channel saying no wifi

- Date and time were also displaying wrong at this time even though time settings were still on the correct ones for our time zone and area code.

- Re signed into WiFi network and cable channels went away again. Date and time became correct.

0 Kudos
M0nkeygirl
Reel Rookie

Heres the information you asked for:

Roku devise: Onn model 100012589

serial number: YK00DC369155

devise id: LD705D369155

software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-an

The issue is Ive scanned my tv several times. I restarted it.. reset it.. and rescanned it again. Im still not getting channel 3 in the live tv. I have cable tv and I need that channel so I can access it. I turned off my internet to the tv and am able to watch cable that way but its a total inconvenience to have to keep putting in my password every time I want to use my roku.

help! 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted and providing us with the necessary information about this.

We believe that this issue has been addressed now. Please perform a system restart on your TV by unplugging it, resting it for at least 10–15 minutes, then plugging it back in and trying to rescan again to see if you're still seeing the same issue.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos