Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golddragon

Its wont let me log into my hulu and keep asking to make a disney plus

Jump to solution

My roku when I try to log into hulu keep trying to make me create a disney plus account I don't wanna do that I don't want to pay for disney plus just to use my hulu on roku is there a way around it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Its wont let me log into my hulu and keep asking to make a disney plus

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble logging in to the channel, and we're sorry to hear about your experience.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many Roku channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Jeannie_1

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me and I already pay for hulu

Jump to solution

I don’t know, but I’m having the same issue with my Hulu. It asked me to update my payment which I have done several times and it still won’t let me sign in. Super frustrating, but glad to know I’m not the only one. Maybe it’s a glitch they’ll fix soon. 🤷🏼‍♀️

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble logging in to the channel, and we're sorry to hear about your experience.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many Roku channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Peachwnk13

Jump to solution

It has nothing to do with Hulu. It has to do with Roku. It’s defaulting to the Disney+ login for Hulu. As the people above have stated, and I can confirm, we have Hulu accounts through Hulu. What we need is the ability cancel the default login to Disney+ linked Hulu. Tonight, I’m watching Hulu using screen mirroring. If it’s an issue with the Hulu user interface, that’s still connected to Roku. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @Peachwnk13!

Thanks for sharing your input with us. We'd be happy to provide further information regarding this matter.

Since this is an isolated case involving only the Disney Plus and Hulu apps, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

You may reach them here:

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tb542
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No, it is a Hulu thing. Apparently since Hulu is a part of Walt Disney now, Hulu subscribers have to make a mydisney sign-in account. I'll be cancelling Hulu as I absolutely hate Walt Disney.

0 Kudos
tb542
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is a Hulu problem and not a Roku problem. Apparently, Hulu is now a part of Walt Disney and they're forcing Hulu subscribers to create a mydisney account that you can use across all of their platforms/companies! Since I absolutely hate being forced to do things and since I absolutely hate Walt Disney, I'll be cancelling my Hulu subscription.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tb542  Hulu has been part of the Disney Family of networks for some time now.  They have been associated with Disney for a number of years.  To make it easier for those who have multiple Disney Family networks, Disney Plus, Hulu, ESPN +, etc. have gone to a common login.  You do not have to subscribe to Disney Plus to login to Hulu. 

From my Hulu login page

Your Hulu login is powered by MyDisney

Use one email and password to log in to services and experiences across The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Golddragon You don't need to subsribe to Disney Plus you just need a MyDisney login.  Not the same thing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.