Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issue with ordering of Doc Martin episodes

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has now been resolved.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
linnhe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I'm late to the table on this, but I just started using the Roku Channel for a lot of my viewing. I started viewing Doc Martin, and the Seasons were free until I got to Season 5 (?), and then the Brit Box (pay me) info popped up. I took a few days off from watching and suddenly I was able to watch through Season 7 (?), and again, it wants me to pay to watch. So, what's the deal with the Roku Channel and things that start free, but eventually want me to pay? Is this a glitch? I've looked for answers and can't find them. tnx

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@linnhe wrote:

I think I'm late to the table on this, but I just started using the Roku Channel for a lot of my viewing. I started viewing Doc Martin, and the Seasons were free until I got to Season 5 (?), and then the Brit Box (pay me) info popped up. I took a few days off from watching and suddenly I was able to watch through Season 7 (?), and again, it wants me to pay to watch. So, what's the deal with the Roku Channel and things that start free, but eventually want me to pay? Is this a glitch? I've looked for answers and can't find them. tnx

I'm in the US, and a year or two ago I'd watched up through the end of Season 6. However, you *did* need either AcornTV or Britbox (currently you need AcornTV) to watch S2:E9 On the Edge, because it had been a TV Special, not a regular episode. Not sure what happened to you with Season 5, as that should still be free, but I just checked, and I still can't watch Season 7 without AcornTV, so I don't think anything has changed.

0 Kudos
linnhe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems to me there should be some truth in Roku's listing of these programs that indicate we can't watch the entire series. I feel it's bait and switch. I'm sure there are other programs with series Roku offers and then requires a subscription to complete, but is there anyway of determining this before we start a series? I could have easily checked the program out from the local library.  A bit disappointed. Tnx 

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On IMDb, you can click on the "More watch options" button, and it will tell you which seasons are available: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408381/

0 Kudos
amersw

Jump to solution

Hello,

This issue has not been resolved. Doc Martin Season 6 episodes 5 and 6 are not in order and are mixed up.

Thank you

Jump to solution

I just subscribed to the Doc Martin show and expected to be able to see all seasons (bait?). When I click to play the episode I want, I get this "You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to sign in" (switch). I am using my Roku and before trying Doc Martin, I watched another Acorn program jus fine so I am signed into both. Please explain.

0 Kudos
Beachlover
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you are indeed paying for Acorn Tv, you will get all seasons. The free Roku path only gives up to season five or six. What season were you trying to access? Maybe redo Acorn Tv login. We all have apps that glitch and forget. And can you confirm that Acorn Tv works with another device (non-Roku). And I'd also like to advise you to not bother watching the Doc Martin opening movies, they are completely different than the series. Watch the seasons first.

0 Kudos
DStone46

Jump to solution

Just watched season 6 episode "5" and started episode "6" and it's clear they are out of order.... Disappointing.

Can it be fixed for future watching?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DStone46

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos