Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iam86227

Re: Issue changing channels on the spectrum app since last week

I'm having the same exact problem, and it seems no matter how many complaints they get, nothing changes, they don't care, so the only thing I can think of is everybody drop spectrum, no money might teach them a lesson.

0 Kudos
WhiteKenny

has there ever been a resolution to this issue?  I've been having the same exact issue on my Roku Express for the past 4 years or so.  when trying to navigate channel up or down in the guide it will randomly just skip a channel.  its very frustrating when the channel i'm trying to switch to is the channel that gets skipped and I have to press up, down, up, down like 10 or more times to get it to finally stop on the channel I want to watch.  (a keypad would completely eliminate this issue) I have even installed the Roku app on my phone and tried using my phone as he remote but it does the same exact thing.  it only happens in the Spectrum app, channel navigation responds perfectly fine in every other app I use, but not in the Spectrum app. I recently purchased another Roku Express for use on another TV and so far channel navigation in the Spectrum is responding ok, just wish it was like that on the original Roku too.

0 Kudos
andermichael
Reel Rookie

I think it's an issue with the older Roku devices the new one I bought works fine

0 Kudos
andermichael
Reel Rookie

I think there is a problem with the older Roku software the new one works fine for me

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WhiteKenny @andermichael,

Welcome and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems skipping channels with your remote. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

A system restart will hopefully return normal operation after a moment. If the problem persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.