Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zonetime634
Reel Rookie

Issue changing channels on the spectrum app since last week

Last week something changed either with Roku or Spectrum. I now have to hit the right arrow button to get the channel menu to display and am unable to easily select a channel and select OK. When I select a channel the prompt blows right by it and it takes about 5 minutes to get the channel prompt on the channel I want to view. Anyone else having this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Issue changing channels on the spectrum app since last week

@zonetime634 

Any functionality changes within an app are by the app. Roku doesn't build the app.

That's not to say you can't fix it yourself, because the app could have some stray data or a glitch in an update, and that kind of problem can be resolved yourself.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. Note that the issue may not be a glitch, but an intentional change in the app design, for which Spectrum (in this instance) is responsible. But, these steps will resolve a stray data issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
zonetime634
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the recommendation. Tried what you suggested and unfortunately the issue is still happening. I guess I will need to contact Spectrum.

0 Kudos
andermichael
Reel Rookie

Any luck resolving your issue I’m having the same thing going on

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @andermichael

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
toddmom

I have had the same problem ever since they changed whatever they did so that you have to right click to select a channel -if you try to click up or down to go through the channels it jumps several channels and it’s almost impossible to get it to stop on the one you want -and if you can and then you try to select the channel it just jumps to the channel filters menu -it has actually gotten worse and it’s impossible for me to actually select a channel now it just keeps going to the channel filters menu regardless of whether you click OK really quickly or hold it down.

it’s infuriating and a huge waste of time and I’m paying for a service something I can’t even use now

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@toddmom

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with changing channels 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bettyboop-48,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help get you up and running.
Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andermichael
Reel Rookie

I am using a Roku that is not as old as the one I was using and I'm not having a problem anymore but I wonder if I can return the old one seeing it doesn't work correct

0 Kudos