Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLDoyen

Re: Investigation Discovery freezes during commercials

Model 4230X - Roku 3

4E6522040260

10.5.0 Build 4208-4

Discovery Go

Version 4.2 Build 0

@Jellybean829 

0 Kudos
CLDoyen

Re: Investigation Discovery app freezes at 33% during commercials

Photo of the issue.  For me this happens on Discovery Go just watching commercials.  There are no steps to recreate it wxcept watching a show with commercials.

Issue ID 60-517-012

0 Kudos
CLDoyen

20211225_185112.jpg

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

This has been happening for the last couple of months. It has happened on all the Discovery owned channels I have. It is currently happening on the NFL channel during or just after the commercials end. It is especially bad today as it is happening during or just after every set of commercials on the NFL channel. It is not happening on BBC America or my local news channel app. The only difference I see so far, dare I say, is the commercial platform used by the channels. I have seen something this before with ROKU's commercial platform used by these channels. I hope they get this fixed because the NFL channel is unwatchable right now because of this problem.

3810X ROKU Streaming stick +

10.5.0 build: 4208-50

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Drummernaut

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CLDoyen

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SMH1234
Reel Rookie

Same on ID, Discovery, multiple TVs with Roku doing same, why are we doing your job?  Get in a room and watch these channels, you’ll see it yourself.  While I am at it, why do I constantly have to keep logging into these channels, annoying!  Since you need us to do your job, information is below.

information:

-Roku device model c134X
-Serial number X00000my0h35
-Device ID s02st13y0h35
-Software OS/version 10.5.0 build 4210-93
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel:  Discovery Go version 4.2,  Investigation Discovery 4.2 build 0
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing, watvpching.channel, stupid commercials come on it freezes with a 33% message
-Provide a photo or screenshot of the issue

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SMH1234,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

In addition to the information you provided, may we also request for the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SMH1234
Reel Rookie

Issue ID 35-521-569

0 Kudos
Mariebirtel
Reel Rookie

16407748764352065504246004912307.jpg

This keeps happening to me again and again. IDGO app. Here is the info you requested. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.