Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BC16
Reel Rookie

Icons resized on home page

It is pretty bad that Roku does not have a customer service to help solve THEIR problems. According to the forums many people had their icons resized that they didn't ask for.  That's like the car company changing your set radio stations just because it's the manufacturer's radio that's Installed in your car. My icons were set to just the way I wanted. Now their smaller and all messed up. No settings to return to previous size.

17 REPLIES 17
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Icons resized on home page

Hi @BC16,

We appreciate the post!

We'd like to take a closer look at this. If possible, could you send us an image of your Roku screen showing the icon issue you're referring to? This would clarify us the issue you're having.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrMack

Same thing, had icons ordered how I wanted, now all messed up and smaller - kind of bogus

bestoldies

I did not want the Home screen Icons resized, they were perfect just the way they were.  Now we are either stuck with it or we need to replace the Roku to Fire Stick or buy a Smart TV.  Very frustrating.

lrein16nc
Channel Surfer

This happened to me as well.  The icons are now 1/3 to 1/2 the size they were and menu words are smaller.  I had separate icons for device (Satellite TV and DVD Player) instead of it being lumped under one icon for “inputs.”  More clicks to get to something is not better.  I changed to a theme I don’t really like but it took the adds off to side and makes it somewhat easier to read, but I still have to get up out of my chair to see screen to make sure I’m at right place on menu &/or choose right app icon.  We should have option to make changes like this & not be told/forced that this is better for you.  I also don’t like the line of previously watched streaming shows knocking everything down a row.

Icons are Smaller than photoIcons are Smaller than photo

killweav
Binge Watcher

This is feedback for the Roku team. Yesterday I noticed that you made the app tiles smaller. The ads now appear larger in comparison and draw your focus away from the app tiles. . I am visually impaired and rely on the bigger tiles. Not only is it more difficult to see the app tiles, but the annoying ad space is even more distracting. I have been annoyed for a while with the semi permanent ads placed on the lower left of my screen, but now this intrusion of my TV screen with larger ads and smaller tiles has made this long time Roku Ultra user  purchase an Apple TV 4K. The new Apple TV 4K will arrive Wednesday, and the 2022 Roku Ultra that I bought less than a year ago will be resold to a neighbor. I have been a Roku user for over a decade and the 2022 Ultra model that I bought was my third Ultra. I am very disappointed. I also have a Roku TV that I use as my computer monitor and thankfully I almost never see the home screen but my disgust with the Roku company has caused me to add a new computer monitor to my holiday shopping list so that I can get rid of Roku completely. That's just how I feel. Shame on you. My TV screen is mine. Owning a hardware product outright should not give you the permission to take up my screen space with your distracting and forced ads. I say it again, shame on you! 

killweav
Binge Watcher

Sorry but that's bogus. It was done to draw your focus to the ad space. The ads now appear larger in comparison and draw your focus away from the app tiles. Why I just bought an Apple TV 4K. So upset with the company right now.

killweav
Binge Watcher

They did it to draw your focus to the ad space on your screen. The ads now appear larger in comparison and draw your focus away from the app tiles. That's why I just bought an Apple TV 4K. When it arrives, I'm selling my Roku Ultra. I'm sad and disappointed. 

0 Kudos
killweav
Binge Watcher

Same issue here. I'm visually impaired. The smaller tiles made me buy an Apple TV 4K. I'm done with Roku.

killweav
Binge Watcher

What theme did you use that got rid of the ads?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.