Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wildrose
Streaming Star

IQIYI loading issues, spinning green circle

Around the middle of the night the IQIYI app exited and then tried going back in. Now it won't load, it just spins with the green circle. Tried the usual, than asked on another list and they are having same issue.  Just checking to see if others do too, and if there is a known cause / fix?

13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IQIYI loading issues, spinning green circle

@Wildrose wrote:

...Tried the usual ...

That tells us nothing about what you did. Assuming anything in troubleshooting is a mistake. If you give us specifics, we know what was done. If you don't, you've told us nothing about the steps you've done, about what Roku device you have (model number and software version), about anything other than the name of the app. So...

Try these steps.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

Tried. Reboot. Test. Checked for updates (OS/app).. test.. Uninstall. Reboot. Reinstall.  Reboot. Test. uninstall.  Clear cache. Reboot. Reinstall. Test. 

However FWIW since multiple others had the same issue with their roku I guess what I did to my system wasn't the issue so didn't write the run down.. OS ver 10.5.0 build 4210-30 TCL 7105x, mod 55s405  No other apps seem to have issues.

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

Tried. Reboot. Test. Checked for updates (OS/app).. test.. Uninstall. Reboot. Reinstall. Reboot. Test. uninstall. Clear cache. Reboot. Reinstall. Test.

However FWIW since multiple others had the same issue with their roku I guess what I did to my system wasn't the issue so didn't write the run down.. OS ver 10.5.0 build 4210-30 TCL 7105x, mod 55s405 No other apps seem to have issues.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Wildrose 

It sure looks like you have done a very thorough job of testing and troubleshooting. And it looks like it is an issue with that app. Since iQIYI developed the app themselves, the best course of action is probably going through them.

Perhaps continuing to check for updates to the app will be what can be done in the meantime. If they are working on a fix, that would get it to you sooner. And for others with the issue that might not be aware, highlighting an app, clicking the Options button (*), and selecting the option to check for an update can do that for a single app.

Perhaps someone will have another suggestion, but it looks like you've been quite thorough. Maybe there's an idea we haven't though of that someone can offer.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

@Wildrose 

Looks like something is wrong with the Channel/app loading as you indicated.

Their online content on their website is working correctly so perhaps you can cast it to your TV in the meantime or use a laptop with a HDMI cable until it is fixed. (https://www.iq.com/?lang=en_us).

Otherwise, looks like the help/support contact for IQiyi is located on the bottom on their website.  Looks like you need to use the Feedback link. (Hover near bottom of website and a footer should appear with this info).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Wildrose
Streaming Star

Ok ty

0 Kudos
Wildrose
Streaming Star

Ty, and yea I know that I can cast or watch it another way but that uses battery life of my tablet rather than just the tv. Guess I'll just wait and see if they fix it soon sigh.

AvsGunnar

@Wildrose 

Was able to get past the spinning circle today.  Able to see content listed but unable to play anything so looks they are making a little progress in fixing it. (crashes/returns to home screen)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

SK90

I am facing the same issue. I am logged out of my iQiyi account on TV. The screen keeps flickering and when I try to log in, it crashes and takes me back to Roku Home page