Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuraTovar
Reel Rookie

the configuration is reset every day

I have a roku express, I have had connection problems on several occasions, if I turn off the tv or stop watching the roku for a while, it restarts to the original state, whether I feed it by direct current or if I connect it to the usb of the TV

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: the configuration is reset every day

@AuraTovar  Which Roku model do you own? So are you saying every day your Roku is doing a factory reset? That is extremely unusually. Or do you mean your Roku is losing the WiFi connection? 

0 Kudos
AuraTovar
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 3930RW and the problem is that it restarts.
I watch TV, I turn off the equipment, I wake up and when I turn it on it asks me again for language, connect to Wi-Fi, associate with email, the only thing it saves are the added channels.

Try connecting via USB to the TV and using the electrical adapter that comes with the equipment and gives the same failure.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

The 3930 was released back in 2019. It sounds lime there is a power failure inside the Roku. Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty. Are you actually turning off your Roku? You do not need to turn off a Roku. If you are turning it off how are you doing so?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@AuraTovar 

It does sound like the device is going bad. Or has gone bad. So, we may be to last resort territory.

At this time, I would suggest a full factory reset. That can be done by the menu system, or it can be done by, with power applied, holding the Reset button/pinhole for a full 30 seconds. Either should cause a full factory reset, and allow you to do a clean install of the device.

Once you connect it to your Roku account, the apps will download again, so you won't lose any apps. You have have to log in to various apps.

If that doesn't resolve it, then it could be that the device itself is bad.

Alternately, it could be the power adapter and the TV's USB are both insufficient to operate the device, but Occam's Razor says it's the single device, not multiple power sources.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AuraTovar
Reel Rookie

I bought it a month ago at Walmart, the only thing that I brought to my country to Venezuela, I bought it online and I brought it by ship if I buy all my artifacts.

0 Kudos