Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
straycat
Binge Watcher

I can't access Britbox

Jump to solution

I pay for my Britbox subscription via Roku.  When I try to access the channel on Roku I get this message:  "code":0, "message": "invalid session token".  When I try to log in to Britbox using my Roku ID (which has always worked in the past), I get "login failed".  Is there a problem with my account or is it something else?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mombyrd

Re: I can't access Britbox

Jump to solution

I chked tge site & they’re having technical difficulties & working on it. Messed up my morning catchup of Coronation Street. Lol

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mombyrd

Jump to solution

I chked tge site & they’re having technical difficulties & working on it. Messed up my morning catchup of Coronation Street. Lol

straycat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I just checked and it's back up 🙂

0 Kudos
sla4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Britbox subscription is through Roku.  I only have a Roku login/password.  For the last several days, all Britbox shows want me to subscribe.  When I try to login on my TV using my Roku login/password it says login or password invalid.  My Roku account recognizes my Britbox subscription, even shows me how much it costs.  Why aren't Britbox and Roku communicating with each other?  I do not have an app.  I only watch Britbox using my Roku that is attached to my Internet ready TV.  I am very perturbed that I am paying for something and getting nothing!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @sla4,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community! 

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication since it is solely handled by the channel developer. We recommend reaching out to BritBox support directly, they can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. You can contact them here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
sla4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, Kariza.  I did not realize I had a separate Britbox login/password.  I do.  I followed the Britbox instructions and Britbox now works.  See there FAQ: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500008735581

From time to time, you may be signed out of the BritBox app on your Roku device.

You may be asked to re-enter your email address and password, a screen asking you to subscribe or create an account.

All you need to do is sign in again. Follow these steps: 

• On the homepage of your BritBox app, click "Sign In" the upper right corner
  • On the next screen, click on the "Sign In" button again.
  • Enter your email address and password. If you need to reset your password, click here.
  • If prompted to create a new account or subscribe with your Roku account, press 'Cancel'.
    • The option will appear for you to enter your email & password.
    • Ensure the email used is associated with your BritBox account, as it may be different to the email used for your Roku account.

Jump to solution

I also cannot access my BritBox subscription. I paid through Roku. Britbox does not recognize subscription, After many emails and a phone call or two the BritBox support team told me it was a Roku problem.  There does not seem to be anyway to talk to a live person from Roku.  HELP. I want to watch my BritBox, I do not want to pay for it twice, like I did last year...

Karen

sla4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Karen, Go to the Britbox website and read their FAQ article: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500008735581

As long as you know the email address you used, you can reset your password,  Then go to your Roku and start Britbox.  When it asks you to register, Cancel and look for a Sign In at the top right of the screen.  Select that and enter your email/password.  Britbox just wants you to sign in each year.  Amazon does that also.

0 Kudos
Awhipps1

Jump to solution

No. Because it's asking for my Roku password. I don't recall ever creating a Britbox password.

0 Kudos