Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_NJ
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

I am thrilled to report Fox News has not jumped back to the Home Screen near the top of the hour, every hour, since I have had it on today.  Thanks for your persistence in getting this resolved.

0 Kudos
Tony2213
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Danny-R,

This is Tony2213, You sent an email to me about this issue. It seems to happen while watching Hulu +live tv and the channel with the issue is the Fox News Channel. The version of Hulu +live tv is 6.71, build-1. Also the following information that you requested of my equipment is as followed :

Model- Roku express 3930x                             Model- Roku express 3960x                              

Serial#- X00400EJF4PO                                 Serial#- X026000KX22P

Device ID- S008299JF4PO                              Device ID- S0KC329KX22P

Software- 12.0.0 build 4184-AE                        Software- 12.0.0 build 4184-ED

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tony2213 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Hulu channel crashing to the Home screen.

Can you please provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) and let us know which Roku model device that the issue occurred on so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tony2213
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi DannyR, this is Tony2213,

Just an FYI I have not seen any programs go back to the home screen for almost 2 months now, was anything done to rectify this. I did change power supplies on both my tv's as we were told to do and I'm not sure if that cured the problem. So far so good

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Most likely channel updates over the past few weeks. No known Roku updates recently. 

0 Kudos
dfaith51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny-

Thanks to you and all others involved in taking ownership to get this problem resolved.  Since your posting I've not encountered any issues regarding Fox News channel and Hulu dropping out and reverting to the Roku home screen.  I don't think Hulu was to interested in fixing their problem until you guys got them involved to rev a new version of code.

Best Regards,

DF

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tony2213,

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Hulu channel crashing on the Home screen.

Could you please provide us with the following information for us to further work into the issue?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID),
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, thanks for the post now it's happening on the firestick, that hulu is reverting to the home screen while looking at hulu+ live TV.

0 Kudos
Mp8cent

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching Live TV

Jump to solution

As of this moment it isn't working. Neither is Starz or Paramount All others are fine.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching Live TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Mp8cent,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having problems streaming some of your channels on Roku. We're happy to help you. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Is this happening on all of your Roku devices? Please try to update the channels by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for Updates.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos