Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Huff3

Hulu doesn't seem to be working

Jump to solution

I was just watching Hulu last night, Disney today, but when I try to watch Hulu again it keeps saying there's a network error and to check my connection, but my internet connection is just fine. What is going on and how do I fix it?!?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu doesn't seem to be working

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @karlaandcarlos!

Our sincerest apologies for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've performed. 

Since we've exhausted all the possible troubleshooting methods, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Hulu Customer Support for further clarification and assistance. They are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform so their channel may need an update from them.

If the issue persists after reaching out to Hulu, please let us know so we can continue assisting you from there. We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @C-Huff3

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on HULU or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel HULU and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just tried removing HULU, restarting my Roku and then adding HULU, but HULU still results in a Network Error. Other apps (YouTube, Prime, Netflix, etc) are working fine on my 4800X - Roku Ultra (v12.5.5 - build 4174-C2). I'm about to cancel my HULU subscription if this can't be fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @karlaandcarlos!

Our sincerest apologies for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've performed. 

Since we've exhausted all the possible troubleshooting methods, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Hulu Customer Support for further clarification and assistance. They are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform so their channel may need an update from them.

If the issue persists after reaching out to Hulu, please let us know so we can continue assisting you from there. We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.