Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jluksch

Fox News on Hulu crashing every hour

When watching Foxnews live in Hulu app, at every hour the Hulu app crashes to home. I’ve rebooted , cleared cache, and reinstalled. Nothing has helped. Contacted Hulu they blame Roku….

0 Kudos
NBrums

Re: Hulu Crashing every 30 minutes

At 5PM CT Monday 11/1 I did a system update on my Roku.  As it went, I saw Hulu get updated.  The problem finally stopped.  No issues today at all.  I have been having continuously worse problems for over 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Ok, just got an update from Roku at 9pm 11/02/21 EST and it states was supercharging some channels, so I hope this fixes the issue. Tried the Firestick and I am not too happy with it as it has a learning curve and not as user friendly like the Roku. I also ran into buffering issues and when I loaded Hulu to the firestick ran into problems with some channels like Fox stating it was experiencing an issue and was at a black screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, we would recommend checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button > Check for update. Once the channel is updated, check to see if you are still experiencing a playback issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJPinJacksonTN
Channel Surfer

Yeah, the crashing is fixed.  However, Hulu still has annoying "buffering" every time the show changes (according to the schedule). It was doing this instead of "crashing".  

This has been going on for months.

spike1545
Reel Rookie

Hulu updated. Crashing problem seems to be fixed. Problem with excessive buffering persists.

Gig Internet
Roku Ultra w/ ethernet

0 Kudos

Hulu kicking me out to the main screen

Hulu is booting me out of its service on both the Roku tv and Roku stick+. Hulu on chat said this”The issue revolves only around Roku devices, and Roku is aware that this known issue is originating from their end”. Is it true?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu kicking me out to the main screen

@Angryhuluuser

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button > Check for update. Once the channel is updated, check to see if you are still experiencing a playback issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nabsys
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue , no updates yet

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

To complicate things Hulu just had a brief outage in ct anyway seems to be better as for the other matter for me roku 10.5 with Hulu update fixed it but I realize people are still afflicted by this. I am wondering if roku 10.5 rollout went to all devices?  Wish I could help. Like I said I have encountered frustration -hours of tech help has not been able to help with a different company. It’s frustrating I’d like to see roku sort of acknowledge some people still have issues

0 Kudos