Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srcsbeck

How to watch the ROKU channels on you PC

How do you watch the channels you stream thru ROKU on your PC?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to watch the ROKU channels on you PC

That cannot be done. The Roku player is designed to connect to a display via an HDMI connection. While your computer may very well have an HDMI connection, it is an output jack, not an input. Only a highly specialized computer set up for video processing would have video input jacks of any kind. You might be able to connect your Roku to your computer monitor (assuming the monitor has an available HDMI port), but then you're simply watching the Roku and your computer is inaccessible for viewing. 

Now, depending on the provider you're desiring to watch, it might be possible to view the provider's content on a web page. You can certainly do that with Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, and even The Roku Channel. But your Roku player won't be used to view the content in this manner. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
angela05
Reel Rookie

To enjoy Roku channels on your PC, simply visit the official Roku website, log in, and explore an array of streaming options. The seamless integration ensures an immersive entertainment experience anytime, anywhere. Fm WhatsApp

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@angela05 there is no content to watch on the Roku web site other than The Roku Channel. Don't repeat information that is not accurate. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.