Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rags7764
Reel Rookie

Re: How to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

That sounds good. I'll check it out.

0 Kudos
Beachy74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Beachy74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nothing works! There is no option to choose antenna TV and when you click Roku Live, no matter what you select, no local channels appear and scan after scan doesn’t work. I am a very determined person and I rarely give up but the hours I spent trying to correct this are incredible. I think maybe Roku wants everyone to have only a Roku TV for an antenna to work. I think I have now broken my TV by trying to replace the antenna port in back of TV with the one included. The new one won’t go in where old one was. I am beyond exasperated. Thank you Roku. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Beachy74, after looking at your posts it's not clear if you have a Roku TV with this problem or some other TV.  Is your problem TV a Roku TV or a TV with a connected Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rags7764
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Brand new in box from Walmart. Listen, I'm a very old hacker. Minor in comp sci, 2003 mostly on punch cards. I just look for the easiest way out, if I find one I share, and hope it helps Peace, love, and the Dead, and all that. TV is great, neet new stuff and cheap ( for now). Good luck y'all 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Rags7764 but what was in the box, a Roku or a TV? If it's a TV, what brand is it? I know you said Roku TV in an earlier post, but there are many different brands of TVs that have the Roku operating system and are called "Roku TVs".

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kjenn

Jump to solution

@atc98092 How?  I have nothing that says antennae tv.  I see no antennae tiles

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@kjenn again, what device do you have? Is it a Roku TV (made perhaps by a company other than Roku) or a Roku player that is connected to a different brand TV? Roku players do not have an antenna input and cannot display OTA stations. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
tejanita

Jump to solution

How do I get the numbers of the channels I'm watching with my new ROKU device in my kitchen TV? like I do in our living room with my ROKU TV, there we can see the numbers of our local channels and the numbers for example: Channel 2 for CBS, channel 6 for ABC, Channel 7 for NBC, and Channel 9 for Fox. But on the new Roku device for our kitchen TV once we installed the Roku unit to see the TV without the antenna there are NO numbers like on our ROKU front room TV. Why is that? Seems I can scroll thru all the channels and there are NO numbers so I can see the local channels. Need some HELP! on this otherwise I will have to Return the Roku device unit I purchased. I want to see my local channels like when I just had my TV hooked to a regular bunny ears Antenna? If I can get a response quickly, so I can fix this or walk me thru this it would be greatly appreciated. I you need my email or phone number so that we can fix this. Thank you

0 Kudos
tejanita

Jump to solution

How do I get the numbers on my TV with this new ROKU device, I cannot find any local channels or number as I scroll down to find them, can't see any of my local channels. Need some assistance with this, thank you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.