Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How to turn off Roku's Autoplay

As I said, there is NO global option for AutoPlay. It is entirely up to each channel. Peacock is the same way. You cannot disable AutoPlay on it either. The only option Pluto TV has is the ability to auto-idle after 6 hours or no user activity, although Roku itself has a similar bandwidth saver (I think 4 hours).

0 Kudos
Spirache
Reel Rookie

Thanks. Pluto TV next.
I was really hoping I missed that option somehow.

If I run into problems within a few weeks of buying into this system, even if it's some app's fault, I can confidently say User Interface Quality Control sucks. Fishy.

TBeckner
Reel Rookie

Now tell us how to turn off the annoying autoplay on the Roku device!!!! 

andyross
Roku Guru

Did you read the full thread? All the answers are there.

0 Kudos
LelDur
Reel Rookie

I read the whole thread and do not see anything about how to stop autoplay on the Roku channel on a Roku device. I have the Roku channel installed on my Roku Ultra but I do not see a settings page anywhere. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @LelDur!

We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution regarding this matter, but we would like to gather more information first. 

May we know what you mean by autoplay on The Roku Chanel? Is it when you're streaming a certain series that it automatically plays the next episode?  If so, may we know what specific series this was?

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WynnSmith
Channel Surfer

Carly, have you read the thread?  There's no way to turn off autoplay for any program on any Roku platform.  Did you notice how many unhappy customers you have?  

When the platform plays into the night because I fell asleep, or programs continue to roll because I was called away from the TV, or my spouse walks away from the TV because she doesn't know how to exit, it:

o  wastes my bandwidth 
o  makes bad recommendations based on shows I never chose
o  cheats your adverstisers out of dollars for ads that were never watched
o  makes me seek alternative platforms for the shows I want to watch

The solution is, for you as moderator, to explain the importance of this feature to your bosses and to elevate the importance of this feature for your customers.

In the  meantime, I will continue avoiding Roku and continue explaining to friends why they should never try it.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It is NOT correct you can never turn it off. It is up to the apps. Netflix, Hulu, and many others have their own options to turn it off. Also, Roku has a 4 hour timer (bandwidth saver) that will stop streaming if the remote is not used.

0 Kudos
LelDur
Reel Rookie

Hi RokuCarly!

yes, I’m watching a series, The Dead Zone, for instance. As soon as an episode gets near the end there is a pop up to watch the credits with a countdown timer and only about 5seconds to select it and click. When I’m not fast enough, the next one starts. This is a problem for me because I like that it tracks the episodes I’ve watched and the ones I haven’t. But when the next one starts and I don’t finish it, it stays in the Continue state where when I come back to it, I can’t just start it because it already has. I have to get it playing then back it up to the beginning, which many times is difficult to get just-right. 
I wouldn’t mind it anywhere near as much of the countdown time was longer to give me more time

thanks!

0 Kudos
WynnSmith
Channel Surfer

Andyross, I can NEVER turn it off.  You've seen my other messages.  You know what platforms I use.  Please list just one of them where I can turn off Roku's Autoplay.  Then tell me how.  Otherwise, quit misleading people.

0 Kudos