Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How to turn off Roku's Autoplay

Hulu: Settings/Settings/Autoplay

Max: Settings/Playback/Autoplay Next Episode

Paramount+: Settings/Video/Autoplay

Again, these settings are INSIDE the apps. There are more, but they are pretty much the same. Just start the app, find the settings, and look for anything obvious. These settings are typically per-device.

Peacock is one of the few subscription apps where you cannot turn it off.

0 Kudos
LelDur
Reel Rookie

Yes, I agree that the setting would be in the app. My question is that I can’t find Settings in the Roku channel app. Posts speak of going to settings then preferences from the Roku channel Home Screen and specifically mentions the Roku app on Fire TV. Are they really that different? I don’t have Fire TV; my device is the Roku Ultra. Where is “settings” in the Roku app in the Roku device? But then I fear from the posts that even if I find it, it won’t be useful. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There is no way to turn off AutoPlay on The Roku Channel. That is true for most all of the free ad-supported apps. They are all about selling ads, and will do anything to air them, even if nobody is actually watching.

I have a Roku, Fire TV, and Google TV. There are Roku Channel settings on the non-Roku's, but it's just basic stuff like ad personalization and similar settings that are part of the native Roku settings.

LelDur
Reel Rookie

Thanks, andyross. Understood. Don’t like it, but I guess it makes sense. 

0 Kudos
WynnSmith
Channel Surfer

Andyross, I don't have Hulu, Max, or Paramount.  I can NEVER turn off AUTOPLAY.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As I said: If you want it free, you have to live with the inconveniences. All they care about is displaying ads and getting that revenue. Most all of the FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming Television) channels are the same, no matter the platform. Roku is not unique in this.

0 Kudos
WynnSmith
Channel Surfer

As I said:  I'll be using other platforms for the shows I want to use.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

What other platforms? I have Roku, Fire TV, and Google TV (Android TV is basically the same.) Outside of Apple or a computer, there isn't much else. Please post back if you can disable Autoplay on another platform in the same app.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.