Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennySay

How to remove 'Fetured on the roku channel' from the home screen?

How to remove 'Fetured on the roku channel' from the home screen?

All of my roku's have recently started showing a 'Featured on the roku channel' on the top of the home page. Does anyone know how to remove these options? I've looked in the settings but didn't see anything. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

The reason I'm asking is because my kids use the roku and the options are not always kid friendly. It also messes with my muscle memory and I end up selecting the wrong option on accident occasionally.

Thanks a ton for all your help!

17 REPLIES 17
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to remove 'Fetured on the roku channel' from the home screen?

@KennySay 

Roku in the last year or so has begun to test out different features on some users' devices. (they term it a subset of users).  I have a couple of devices that have upgraded to the 12.5 OS but have not seen this (although I have seen some user postings about it).  Can only assume this is another test feature at this time.

If you do not see anything to "Hide" this feature under Settings/Home Screen, then will just need to be patient until Roku removes it from your device or supplies an option to enable/disable.  These test features will just come and go from your devices.

Roku apparently is doing a lot of Home Screen tinkering which is irritating users that have been affected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

KennySay

@AvsGunnar

Thanks for the info! If this is test content, do you know of a way I can provide feedback?

Also, I didn't think about what comparing the update version. How do you see the version number? Under software updates it just says date and time of last check and last update. About doesn't have that info either.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
renojim

@KennySay, you can see the software version under Settings->System->About, but these "tests" seem to be unrelated to the software version.  It appears Roku can muck with the Home Screen at will.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SomeoneWithTV
Binge Watcher

As an owner of 2 Roku's, I'm putting in my voice to say:

Please provide a way to opt-out of these tests or to "Hide" these like the other options.

It's bad form to change my Home screen, customized on my own devices, to force additional advertisements to the top. And it's doubly bad to have no way to remove these unwanted changes. [Edit: fixed grammar goof.]

Roku Ultra 4802X, Onkyo TX-NR7100, Panasonic TC-P50S30
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @SomeoneWithTV,

We appreciate you reaching out to us here and sharing your feedback about this. I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
JLYHT

THANK YOU!!

rdwray

This is nothing but trash and irritation....

JonNort
Reel Rookie

I agree! Already tired of seeing Taylor Swift shoved in my face, everytime I use the remote, and on my Home Screen. 

AvsGunnar

@JonNort 

Use the right arrow on your Roku remote to go over to and highlight the Taylor Swift ad.  Then press the asterick (*) button on your Roku remote and select "Hide this ad".

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102