Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roxrex
Reel Rookie

How to jump to new channel.

How do I jump from one channel to another that is far away on the guide. There are no numbers to enter the desired channel. I have tried the voice command by saying jump to the channel . I am using Roku to stream Spectrum TV. I am using an LG Smart TV with a Tablo for local channels.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to jump to new channel.

@roxrex 

That would be functionality from within the apps you're using. That means that to quickly go to a different channel within the Spectrum app, that would be determined by Spectrum.

I don't have and have never used Spectrum, so I can't speak to that. I've used Xfinity's app in the past, and know that they do have channel numbers, and users can easily open an on-screen form to enter a channel number. So, I know it's possible to have something like that, as I've used something like that, but if Spectrum has it, I don't know.

Your best bet would be to get the information from Spectrum, as they built the app. Others here may have used the app (I suspect many have) and may be able to offer guidance on the functionality Spectrum built into the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

atc98092

Since the Roku remote has no numeric keypad, the only option would be if the channel provider builds a virtual keypad into their channel. So that's something Spectrum would need to do. I'm not aware of any channel provider having such a keypad. Pluto TV would be another channel that would benefit from such a keypad as well. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes

@atc98092 wrote:

... I'm not aware of any channel provider having such a keypad. ...

Xfinity.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

@roxrex 

Using the official Roku mobile Remote App available in the Play/Apple Store, there is keyboard feature available that allows you to jump around by typing in the channel number from within the Roku Channel LiveTV (takes a second or two to respond and you have to type in a valid channel number).

Perhaps it may work within the Spectrum Channel/app also.

Does not seem to work within the Channels like Pluto and Xumo that I have tried, so I think may only work with Roku Channel  LiveTV, but maybe worth a shot.  

I prefer RoMote (open source by William Seeman) to the official Roku Remote App so maybe try that one as well.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
roxrex
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the help. Based on the help I got from the community, I realized that I had to ask Spectrum if there was a way to jump to channels in there app using the Roku remote. There is not a way to do that. They suggested that I just limit the number of favorites so that I don't have to cursor as much.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@roxrex 

Did you tell them you could limit the number even more by subscribing to a live streaming service and dropping their TV service altogether? That might get their attention. Or they might call your bluff. I said something like that one time. But I wasn't bluffing.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ricattino

You can use the Fast Forward button on Roku remote and jump 4 channels at a time. You have to be in the Guide grid. Conversely, you can use the Rewind button to jump back 4 channels. It's not great but it's better than going channel by channel. Works with Spectrum, Live TV, and maybe more.

0 Kudos

To jump to the previous channel while using the Spectrum app on a Roku device press the "<<" button. It works most of the time but it is buggy and will crash on occasion.

0 Kudos

I have the Xfinity Stream on Roku. Once I select this, the next screen lists "Live  TV", "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings".

Select "Search". Enter the channel #. Then move the arrow over to the right where the channel information is shown and hit enter.

When on a channel, hit the back button to get back to the results. Remove the #s from the last search and it will show all of the previous channels for easy access.

0 Kudos