Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonBoom
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify not loading...

Jump to solution

I tried everything repeatedly to get Spotify to work. All of the suggestions here were implemented a number of times including the one in which you reload the Roku software and "call" it by using your phone's Spotify to hand the play over to the TV. Nothing has worked and so I turned off Spotify Premium. When they asked me why I was quitting, I told them that they need to fix their Roku plugin because I didn't sign up for it to play it on my phone. I told them I use it through my home audio system which I use through the Roku. Maybe that will get them off their keisters. 

RFGouveia
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify not loading on TCL TV.

Jump to solution

This tip did not work for me either. The TCL tv I have is a newer version than the other tv I has where the app does work.    

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please provide the information I've requested in my previous post.
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nkp72
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting.  I too had this problem but am late to the party.  The solution for me was to “add account” on the app on the Roku.  That prompted to me scan a QR code with my phone.  Once the QR code was scanned, my phone prompted me to pair.  It hit “pair” and suddenly my Roku launched the Spotify app again on my TV.  If I encounter more problems, I’ll re-post.

0 Kudos
Fab79

Jump to solution

Tcl 55uss57-w serie yw005d129883 version  10.0.0 compilation 4209-22, tried averything on this post 10 times, have other roku devices, google etc and spoti works, is just this tcl tv. Please help. Spoti says its a tv issue since other devices work well, evwrything else on the tv works well

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fab79

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spotify channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

11-21-21 Spotify is still not working on TLC TVs even after the system update. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos
mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku units, and I have the exact same problems, which started this week, with trying to log into Spotify, which has become unusable.  I have followed the update-restart instructions, but am still unable to log into Spotify.  On the Spotify account selection screen I am able to select my account, but the app freezes and does not move on to my Spotify home page.  There is also the Roku credentials message on screen. 

Why is this happening to your Spotify-listening customers and HOW CAN WE FIX IT?  We need a solution NOW!

Thank you,

Martin

0 Kudos
mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To clarify:  my account is part of a family plan.  Until last week I was able to log into Spotify through either of my 2 roku units without a problem.  Then, there was an on-screen message saying my account is linked to my Roku credentials.  Selecting my account to log in to Spotify did not work.  Nothing happens.  I deleted the Spotify app, restarted the Roku (after downloading any updates --- there were none) and re-installed the Spotify app.  When Spotify was then lauched it brought me back to the former account selection screen, which, as before, did not work.  I'm unable to log out of Spotify so I can log in with my Roku user name and PW.  Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and how to fix this?  thanks... (Martin)

0 Kudos
Nkp72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you try “add” (a user or account)? That may prompt a QR code to appear so you can activate from your phone.  You won’t actually be adding an account, just tricking the system to give you the prompt.

0 Kudos