Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

I did but that did not work.  Plus, I couldn't use my email address because it was used in my primary account.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey there I was reading this thread and I started to get a little agitated because nothing seemed to work for me so I decided to sit down and figure this thing out and I can’t believe it I did it! 

For anyone still having this issue simply 1.Go to your Spotify app on your phone

2.Select in the top right corner settings icon

3. Select devices

4. select devices menu

They should kind of re-jog your servers memory with a connection with your TV after it loads for a second your TV should pop up. Select you’re a TV. After this step it automatically linked back and I was back in my Spotify account on my TV not having to use Apple play. I hope this worked out for someone in need to restore good luck! 

mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried that and it did not work.  I have deleted Spotify, rebooted Roku, re-installed Spotify several times.  When I launch Spotify I come right back to the account selection screen --- which does nothing when I select my account.  I do not see a log out selection or any log in screens.  This is just very strange.  Neither Roku or Spotify offer human tech support.

0 Kudos
mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To further explain;  as I see it, the problem now is that I cannot get a fresh version of Spotify to work with.  I've deleted the app and rebooted the Roku numerous times.  Roku provides only one Spotify option to install.  When installed and launched I am not able to log in, but rather, am taken back to the same account selection page as before, which, is non-functional.  Spotify does not allow any editing of one's log in and password, even though the option is displayed in their account details section.  I am, however, able to log into Spotify on my phone and my desktop computer without any problems.  It's only when trying to use Spotify from the Roku platform that I get locked into this endless circle of non-funcationality.  Otherwise, my Roku units work ok.  Also, I mentioned earlier, that my Spotify account is part of a family plan.  The only other option that appears to be available is to have the family plan administrator delete my Spotify account and then start all over again.  (Yet to be tried).

mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It would be very nice if an actual Human from Roku would respond.  Their "live chat" was computerized and useless..

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify not loading on TCL TV.

Jump to solution

@SamC

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mjacobs

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ldouglas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked.  To be clear, I simply used my mobile phones Spotify app and played a song chosing my roku TV as the "listen on" device.

0 Kudos
ParadiseKJ

Re: Spotify not loading on Roku

Jump to solution

I had the exact experience for the last week- my account is recognized but no sign or out allowed. Have uninstalled/reinstalled app, and manually done system update twice.  Now Spotify app won't open at all, just goes back to home screen. Also the app on my phone can't find the TV anymore to use screen mirroring.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Spotify not loading on Roku

Jump to solution

Hey @ParadiseKJ

We're here to help!

Does the issue only occur on Spotify or across other channels installed on your Roku?

Did you restart your Roku player before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos