Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roluswitchest
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Keeps Switching to Netflix Channel

Jump to solution

Did you read what I wrote it is not the remote because I took the batteries out!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@FixNetflixBug @roluswitchest

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FixNetflixBug
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello thanks for replying. @RokuDanny-R 

Roku TV: 7128X

TCL model: 43S425

Serial #: YN00F9237294

Software Vers: 10.5.0 / build 4210-30

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@FixNetflixBug

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Texan90

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I have a sharp as well and it kept doing it over and over wouldn't let me do anything but turn off and on... so really quick before it switched to Netflix, from the home screen I went to settings> system> system restart... so far so good 

0 Kudos
darnsnarK
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure Netflix and HULU are paying ROKU to switch to their channels occasionally.  This keeps happening to me randomly when pressing any of the buttons on my ROKU Ultra remote.  Doesn't matter what I'm watching.  I've had it happen pressing OK, any of the rocker buttons, pause/play, rewind, and forward buttons.

Lttlvixon

Jump to solution

Save the hassle of calling and do this first

1) replace batteries

2) reset system from settings menu on your Roku Home Screen.
settings

system

power

system restart

This does not remove apps you downloaded   It will automatically go back to the Home Screen for you

worked for me!

tristanbills
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue just popup on my new Hisense Roku TV. I'm watching live television and it keeps taking me back to the Netflix login screen. What's weird is the sound is still from the live TV, and the profile icons are showing what is on live TV.

Has nothing to do with the remote. It's a software glitch.

I fixed it by opening Netflix, scrolling to 'Exit Netflix' to close out of it, and went back to watching live TV. It's been 60 minutes and it hasn't popped back up yet. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tristanbills

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. And we appreciate you sharing with us the steps you take to seems to resolve the issue. In case the issue occurs, kindly keep us posted and we're glad to follow up. 

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to let us know. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Re: Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

Disabling "Device Connect" didn't work for me with a TCL Roku, but going into Netflix and clicking on "Exit Netflix" DID work! Thank you! 

0 Kudos