Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristalle1

How to fix Prime and Netflix launching

I have a Amazon Prime account and loaded both of these apps onto my Roku.  Recently when I try to watch content on either of them whatever I choose to watch starts up and then it kicks me out to the home screen EVERY TIME.  I have unplugged my system and removed and reloaded by apps onto my home screen without success.

I really wish we could talk to a live person.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Has this happened to anyone else?  We even upgraded to a Roku TV prior to this starting to happen.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Prime and Netflix launching

Hi  @Cristalle1

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Amazon Prime and Netflix channels is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Amazon Prime and Netflix support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Last evening I experienced the same issue with Netflix on my ROKU TV.  Whatever I start to play kicks back to the Roku Home Screen after a few seconds.

Netflix plays properly on my Roku 4 and Roku Ultra.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Williamt100

Thank you for the inquiry!

We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Hello Lianna,

All I did was power up my RokuTV and attempt to watch a movie on Netflix. The movie played for several seconds and then stopped, and then TV reverted to the Roku Home Screen.

I repeated this process three more times, each time with a different movie (on Netflix) with the same results.

Out of frustration, I unplugged the TV to remove it but thought I would try one more time before discarding the TV.  I plugged in the TV again (probably several minutes elapsed) and launched the Netflix app, and this time it successfully played every movie that I launched.

I have no idea what happened, but i will keep you posted if it happens again.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Williamt100--

For future reference, you can restart via RokuTV menu path Settings > System > Power > System restart, which is often more convenient than unplugging/replugging.

If you have "Fast start" enabled on your RokuTV, turning it off and back on just puts it in and of a low power standby state and doesn't give a full restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X