Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trluethje
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4230x Disney Plus Not working

Send them the info they request… I too got PMs and I now have it working on both of my Rokus that it was not working on. Thank you Roku, I doubted you were working on it but you actually are. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
jcoxen
Reel Rookie

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X010003MHN4S (S02A209MHN4S)

Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-C2

Timestamp: 2022-02-10T02:03:46Z

issue ID 4S-057-723

Disney plus returns an Error 42 when I try to watch that channel.

Disney plus

Version 1.18 - build 2022011800

0 Kudos
DonnieS
Channel Surfer

I'm having this issue as well

0 Kudos
jegaskin
Reel Rookie

Re: Need help with Disney+ error code 42

Try again - I just moved 8.8.8.8 from my secondary to primary DNS and I can reach Disneyplus again.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DonnieS,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with Disney plus prompting you with error code 42, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dcbud44
Channel Surfer

@trluethje where/how did you send them the information? It's nice that they issue a fix but really annoying you have to do it case by case. Not really user-friendly on their part. Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
trluethje
Channel Surfer

@dcbud44just on this thread here. Gave the info that was asked like in the post above yours.  Then got a private message to test it. So if I were you I would make a post with all of your info that is needed in the post from above yours.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dcbud44,

Saw your post!

If the issue still persists with Disney plus prompting you with error code 42, kindly provide us the required details from the above post. Feel free to post the information on this thread.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jegaskin
Reel Rookie

I saw months ago a note about changing my router's DNS to 8.8.8.8. But I already had that, but it was the secondary DNS. Saw earlier today Roku is too dumb to read the secondary DNS, so I moved 8.8.8.8 to the primary DNS. That fixed my Disney+ problem. Hope it helps yours.

0 Kudos
jcoxen
Reel Rookie

I reset my primary DNS in my router today, restarted my Roku and suddenly I can get Disney+ again...so I'm good to go.

0 Kudos