Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flipflap
Reel Rookie

How to disable the LiveTV app from being reinstalled?

The LiveTV app keeps getting reinstalled every couple of weeks, even though I uninstall it every time. How can I keep this bloatware off my Roku?

And just off topic ranting into the void: Where can we give feedback? It's insane to me the forced changes Roku has made the past year or so. The whole continue watching and other bull going on is enough on the front page of here for me to know it's not just me, and every time this bull**bleep** app gets reinstalled is just another slap in the face to me. I've used Roku for close to 10 years and frankly I'm now shopping around for a different option because the way the company has treated its userbase with all of this forced stuff is not a way I appreciate being treated - and I will not continue supporting a company doing so. I like the product, so I'm hoping they are willing to listen to their customers and stop with all these forced changes that make the user experience worse. What I would give to get the old search back. It was my defacto searching for what was streaming where before, now it's horrendous to use 😕

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to disable the LiveTV app from being reinstalled?

Hi @Flipflap,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

To disable the LiveTV app, you can use the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide All.

For more information, visit our Support page here.

On the other hand, we appreciate your feedback. Since we do have an update on the system, we are aware that this feature is a built-in feature on Roku devices for new updates. This feature has been an issue for other customers like you, and we apologize for the experience. That's not what we aim for.

We'll take this feedback and raise this concern with the developer team for documentation.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos