Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jus_Joshin

How do you block the Canela app entirely?!?

Someone please help!!!! This Spanish channel app Canela keeps randomly downloading onto my Roku premiere + and then randomly opens it and starts playing Spanish soap operas! If I spoke out understood Spanish, it’s possible I would enjoy this, however, I do not and it has become almost unbearable to have to continue to deal with…I’ve removed it, have it so a pin has to be entered…nothing seems to work…there has to be a solution….right???!!?

2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How do you block the Canela app entirely?!?

It's possible another Roku is linked to your account. Anything added to one will be added to all. Go to your Roku account online and check the list of linked devices. Remove any you don't recognize or no longer use.

You may also want to verify nobody is stealing your Internet and using the Roku app to add stuff. Maybe even change your Roku password.

0 Kudos
skotjay

Re: How do you block the Canela app entirely?!?

I've been having this issue, too. With the same app. I literally just turned my Roku off... and it immediately turned back on and downloaded this app. Which it has been doing for a week or two now. If there are any answers to why this app is ending up on our devices over and over would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.