Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstone

How do I stop voice over issues when viewing Paramount +?

Jump to solution

When viewing Paramount + I cannot shut off voice over programming which appears to be for sight impaired people.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natimus

Re: How do I stop voice over issues when viewing Paramount +?

Jump to solution

This worked for me:

• Open Paramount App, and start movie
  • Press * Scroll down to Accessibility & language
  • Select Audio Track
  • Deselect the option that has AD (Audio Descriptions). Change it to one for you language with Dolby Audio only.

Hope that helps someone😁

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jstone 

If what you are hearing sounds like an audio description of a scene (ie. Jack is walking up the stairs), then try selecting another audio track.  Often these accessibility features will be termed a "descriptive track", but not always.

If this is the case, try pressing the *button on the Roku remote, look under Accessibility and Captions, then select a different Audio track if available.

From Paramount+ help pages, https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-How-do-I-turn-on-accessibility-features-like-closed-capt..., it makes no mention of alternate audio tracks, but mentions steps of disabling the Screen Reader.  The Screen Reader for Roku basically describes audible actions performed on the device and not scene description.  You can disable screen reader from the same menu mentioned above, or from within Roku Settings.  (Settings/Accessibility/Screen Reader).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

jrdcobra

Jump to solution

i turned off screen reader on roku tv and it still won't stop.  I have uninstalled app and reinstalled it and still it wont' stop. Its on all Paramount plus shows

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jrdcobra, different apps have different ways of selecting the audio track, but try pressing * on your remote and going into the Accessibility settings and look for the "Audio track" setting.  Select a different English track than the one that's already selected.  It's not really a Roku setting; it's a setting specific to the app you're using.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Natimus

Jump to solution

This worked for me:

• Open Paramount App, and start movie
  • Press * Scroll down to Accessibility & language
  • Select Audio Track
  • Deselect the option that has AD (Audio Descriptions). Change it to one for you language with Dolby Audio only.

Hope that helps someone😁