Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SiriusXM App Screensaver (or lack therof)

In the last few weeks SiriusXM updated the app. There seems to be no way to turn on a screensaver. I really don't want the static content burning into my OLED screen. Is there a way to enable it?

TIA
Jim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: SiriusXM App Screensaver (or lack therof)

@jimemacmillan

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjcxon
Reel Rookie

I unfortunately installed the SiriusXM app today, listened maybe 30 minutes to BPM. After exiting the app using the 'home' button I was gifted with a flickering screen and a SiriusXM shadow on all my screens.
Contacted Hisense support, but they wouldn't do anything without a copy of my receipt. Went to the store to obtain a copy of my receipt, but store could only provide me with a screenshot of the customer service terminal that showed the date (May 7th 2022) and the listing of a 43" TV. That was unacceptable for them.
Last answer I received from them was to contact Roku as it occurred after installing and using the SiriusXM app and probably would be a 'software issue'.

Contacted Roku support, was confronted with the default requests from Shakira, disconnect TV for 10 seconds, is the TV connected straight to the wall or via a power strip. So after taking my power strip out and screen still flickering and a shadow of SiriusXM she asked me to update the firmware (which I already tried). After that I was ghosted, no response (for at least 30 minutes) anymore.
I had (I guess) the default 10 minute darken screensaver activated on my TV and the SiriusXM screen went dark.
So without a receipt you can trash your TV as no support is to be expected...

Screenshot_20220909-180729_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jjcxon

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing is hardware related. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
snorris6

Sorry but this is a defect in the Roku Sirius XM app.  I have a Samsung tv and I installed the sirius xm app in the smart hub on the tv.  There is a screen saver on the samsung sirius xm app but there is not in the Roku sirius xm app.  this needs to be fixed before a great deal of Roku customers using the sirius xm app have screen image ghosting.  Most siruis xm customers leave the app running for long periods of time while listening to music which can cause the screen image to be permenantly ghosted in on the screen.  This needs to be addressed by Roku.

jjcxon
Reel Rookie

As I couldn't produce a receipt I was dead ending for HiSense support and Roku send me back to Hisense.

As I wanted to watch Formula1 that weekend I bought a TCL-roku TV.

The ghosting did fade and is not visible anymore but it took several hours at least. Haven't looked at the SXM app anymore.

But something is definitely wrong with the app. TV was set to the standard settings and shouldn't ghost an image from an app for several hours after use. Saw the guy holding his headphones I believe shadowed over everything. LiveTV, YouTube, F1TV and Peacock.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @jjcxon

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the SiriusXM App, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting SiriusXM App Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
sbg
Reel Rookie

In addition to no screen saver, you cannot power down the tv because the streaming stops after a few minutes, and there is no way to restart it without powering up the tv.  This is not a limitation of the roku because other channels can continue streaming when the tv is powered down (e.g. Spotify). So the way things are it is impossible to stream siriusxm over the roku channel without potential screen damage. They need to either add a screen saver or allow the stream to continue (or be restarted) with the tv powered down.

0 Kudos
sbg
Reel Rookie

Sent message to SiriusXM about the lack of screen saver and the inability to stream with TV powered off. They actually called me and I explained that lacking both of these options can result in screen damage. Later in the day they called back and left a message that their technical people say that Roku does not allow screensaver as of Dec 2022 and so from their view the problem was due to Roku. But they failed to answer why SiriusXM does not allow streaming with TV powered off, like for example Spotify does. Clearly that is not a limitation of Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @sbg 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your concern that the SiriusXM channel does not allow  the screensaver functionality.

For more information a channel's functionality and Roku feature integration, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire and make further requests. Please be aware that many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos