Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddAndMargo
Streaming Star

How do I get rid of "who is watching" from Your Tube

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Hi All,

I am getting really tired of losing what I am watching on Youtube because I paused it for a few minutes and when Youtube comes back, it wants to know who is watching (guest by the way), thus canceling what I was watching.

I can pause Rumble for hours and not lose my show.

Anyone know a way around it?

Many thanks,

-T

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I get rid of "who is watching" from Your Tube

Jump to solution

Hi, @ToddAndMargo.

Thanks for reaching out and for posting here in the Roku Community.

Since this is an isolated case involving the YouTube app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. They will be able to further assist you with this as this is a feature inside their app. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ToddAndMargo.

Thanks for reaching out and for posting here in the Roku Community.

Since this is an isolated case involving the YouTube app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. They will be able to further assist you with this as this is a feature inside their app. 

You may reach them here: YouTube Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ToddAndMargo
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You Tube support pops you over to a forum.  Posts to it are ignored.   Is there any way Roku's developers can posit the request to them?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ToddAndMargo.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Since we only manage and support The Roku Channel app as well as Roku's interface, it is highly suggested to reach out to YouTube Support as we don't have access to how they run their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

We can coordinate this with the appropriate team for specific issues such as app accessibility or playback problems, but not on how they manage their features inside their app. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.