Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makenorr

How do I get my local PBS station recognized so that I can see live broadcasts

I can't see live broadcasts from my local PBS station.  I enter the zip code but it doesn't take. I've been able to get this resolved before, but not now. So how do I get Roku to add my zip code to whatever apparatus/algorithm/scheme/whatever so that I can see my local station?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I get my local PBS station recognized so that I can see live broadcasts

Hi @makenorr,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a terrible time with how to search your local PBS station. But no worries, we're here to help!

May we know what Roku device you are using? Did you already system restart your Roku? If not, can you please go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart.

In addition, have you tried using http://whatismyip.com to check if your IP address matches your location. 

Please keep us informed on what you find out.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I get my local PBS station recognized so that I can see live broadcasts

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Charla.

No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution regarding on accessing your local PBS station. 

Kindly open the PBS app on your Roku streaming device or TV. Scroll down on the left side of the menu options and select Profile. Within the Profile menu, select Change Station, and then a box will appear on the left side of the screen with a number pad for you to type in your ZIP code. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.